- Set container on a solid surface.
- Please be sure there are no obstructing vehicles, lawn equipment, weeds, or other items in the path of the container to be serviced.
- We are not responsible for driveways or parking lots.
- Please do not overfill containers and trash must be level across the top. There is an extra charge for all material picked up outside or over the top of the container.
- Please make sure container remains easily accessible on your service day. Parked cars can block the container and prevent emptying.
- On the day of collection, set trash, carts or container at least five feet from structures. We are not responsible for your property within 5 ft of your trash,cart or container.
- Special Pickup: Please call our office to arrange special pick up of appliances, tires, yard waste, and construction or remodel material. The cost of this service varies according to volume and item.
- Material We CANNOT Accept: Due to landfill regulations and health and safety concerns, we cannot pick up the following items: hazardous waste, paint (in liquid form), oils, grease, herbicides, chemicals, pesticides, ashes, automobile batteries, dead animals or parts of dead animals, fluorescent bulbs, computer monitors, explosives, fireworks, and televisions. Please give us a call if you have any questions regarding certain materials.
- Inclement Weather: To protect the safety of the public and our workers, in bad weather, collection may be postponed until it can be safely resumed. We will make every effort to resume normal collection as soon as the weather permits. Please remember that cans, carts, and containers stuck in snow or ice are hard to move and can injure the workers that are trying to empty them. In advance, Thank You for your cooperation when weather causes delays or cancellations.
Questions? Give us a call 800-638-8492 or 660-736-4949. Thanks!