American Recycling & Sanitation, Inc. has been recycling for more than 20 years!
Recycling services are available to our regular residential trash customers in most service areas!
COVID-19: Effective Monday, March 30th, 2020 the Nebraska City transfer station recycling drop off will be closed until further notice.
Drop off recycles at either one of our locations:
- 21166 US Highway 136, Tarkio, MO
- 2524 North 22nd St. Nebraska City, NE (recycling drop off closed until further notice due to COVID-19)
Give us a call at 1-800-638-8492 to find out if recycling services are available in your area, pricing, or for more info!
Residential Recycling Guidelines
Category 1: Plastic, Tin, and Aluminum
Plastic: Any food or household chemical container which has the number “1” or “2” on the bottom or side.
Examples: Soft drink, milk, water, juice, syrup, ketchup, cooking oil, shampoo, conditioner, cosmetics, pill bottles, lotion, liquid laundry detergent, liquid dish detergent, household liquid dish detergent, household liquid cleaner, windshield washer fluid.
√ Remove and throw away cap and pump. Leave label on container and rinse clean.
→ NO plastic grocery bags.
Examples: soup, vegetable, fruit, juice, pet food
√Rinse! and then Recycle!
Examples: soda, juice, sports drinks, fruit drinks
√ Empty the can, (May crush to save space)
→ NO beverage containers with only aluminum tops or bottoms.
Category 2: Paper: All clean, dry paper.
Examples: newspaper, cardboard, corrugated boxes, magazines, telephone books, catalogs, cereal boxes, computer paper, office paper, junk mail.
√ Remove any plastic or waxed liner. Remove any metal larger than a staple. Flatten all empty boxes.
What to do on your scheduled service day
- Set recycles and trash at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
- Sort materials into 3 categories:
- Plastic, Tin, Aluminum - place in a recycle bin or clear plastic bag
- Paper and Cardboard - bundle paper together or place in a paper sack, cardboard box, or recycle bin. Set next to Category #1 items.
- Trash - place trash in plastic bags or trash cans. Can size no larger than 40 gallons.
- Please don't mix Category #1 and Category #2 together. If mixed, will go into trash truck.
- When in doubt, throw it out. If you have any doubt about whether an item is recyclable, call 1-800-638-8492 for clarification. Or throw the item into your regular trash. This will help prevent contamination of the materials.
- Watch for wet weather! If it looks like rain or snow, keep paper and cardboard indoors until your next service day.
- Plastic bags, trash cans, recycling containers should not exceed 50 lbs.
Give us a call at 1-800-638-8492 to find out if commercial recycling is available in your area!